Do you want to play better golf, the Foresight Way?
It's a proven fact that how well we play significantly affects how much fun we have. Foresight Golf wants our customers to have the most fun possible and has made the commitment to helping our customers improve their enjoyment of the game. We have come to realize that the only way to improve is to have the right balance of quality instruction and productive practice. Being able to enjoy affordable instruction from qualified teachers is a huge part of the improvement process. We have developed a revolutionary Golf Instruction & Lessons Program, Play Better Golf - The Foresight Golf Way, that will enable you to begin, learn and grow in the game and still afford to play golf, too! Our commitment to the sport isn't just about our courses, it's about helping you have the most fun and the best golf experience possible. We believe that this will ultimately be good for you, good for us and good for the game of golf!
John Westly – Head Golf Professional
John originally joined the Foresight Golf Team in March of 2014 and has since worked at The Republic Golf Club as the Assistant Manager and Golf Professional.
John is a native of Asheville, North Carolina and is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Prior to his time at the Republic Golf Club, John worked as an Assistant Golf Professional at Newport Dunes, now known as Palmilla Beach Golf Club in Port Aransas, Texas.
John’s background includes years of tournament golf experience, golf instruction, and fitness coaching. After a competitive junior golfing career, he attended the David Leadbetter Golf Academy for two years. During this time, John learned about golf swing analysis, fitness training, and sport psychology. To further his education of the physical aspect of the game, he trained in the Titleist Performance Institute system of golf-specific flexibility and strength training and received a level 1 certification.
This experience laid the foundation for training with Elite Golf Performance. Matt Christian of Elite Golf was able to train John in the specifics of golf swing biomechanics and optimal fitness training to maximize swing efficiency. The importance of John's teaching is that the communication is simple and effective. The emphasis of the instruction is to teach the student to let the body swing the club, rather than the club swinging the body. Students will leave their lessons with a clear idea of how to improve their swings, flexibility, and overall body coordination.
John now works as the Head Golf Professional at The Buckhorn Golf Course and is focusing on providing an outstanding golf experience, introducing new golfers to the game and growing the junior golf population.
Martin Miller Jr., Assistant Golf Professional
Martin grew up in North Texas where his quest in golf started and the young age of 8. He played High School Golf at Northwest High School, and worked in outside operations at Trophy Club Country Club. After high school he dabbled in a few different professions, before finding his way back to the game. Martin started caddying at The Honors Course, in Southeastern Tennessee, in 2000 through 2003. He moved back to Texas in 2004 and discovered the beautiful Texas Hill Country, and also found a home at The Buckhorn Golf Course serving as Assistant Golf Professional. Martin is currently working on his PGA PGM Program, where he is level 1 Apprentice.
How Do You Participate?
Join The Buckhorns's Men's Golf Association or Women's Golf Association! These associations have been developed to encourage you to work on your game, meet new golfers, receive affordable golf lessons, and enjoy the camaraderie of friendly competition all adding up to enjoying golf more! The association memberships include:
- USGA Handicap Service - you have to have a handicap to play in most tournaments and getting a handicap is one of the best ways to track your improvement!
- $10 Individual 30-minute lessons - providing you affordable instruction from qualified instructors is the driving force behind our Play Better Golf program. One-on-one teaching allows you to focus on what you need to do in order to play better.
- $5/person Group lessons - learning together is fun and can be quite rewarding! You glean the benefits of other golfers questions and input and have fun doing it!
- Designated Weekly and Evening Association Group Play Dates with Hospitality and Prizes - a chance to take what you've learned to the course and enjoy a some friendly competition as a team. Add a nice food & beverage special after play along with prizes and you've got yourself a fun evening enjoying golf!
- 10% off Non-Sale Golf Shop Merchandise or Special Order Merchandise - once you start playing better you'll probably want to dress the part! Look good and swing away!!
- Free Junior Clinics for Kids on Saturday Afternoons - all sports are easier to learn when you're young, and starting your little golfer with the right grip, stance and swing is the best foundation they can have. And, it gives you time to work on your swing while they're learning theirs!
- Free Green Fee When You Refer A New Member - have a friend that keeps threatening to learn to play? Now's the chance to help them start on the right foot and get a little benefit yourself!
The Annual Association Fee is only $49.99
That's about the price of one lesson from your "usual" golf instructor. Once you've signed-up you'll then be presented a MGA or WGA Membership Card and are well on your way to playing better golf! Fill out the form on the right to get started today!